Sky Broadband Shield is a parental control application that comes with the Sky internet connection. As it protects children from inappropriate content, this tool also blocks other consumable content for adults. You’d be blocked from watching football games in another continent, music from international artists, social networking sites, digital games, and others. Therefore, to maximize your subscription, knowing how to bypass Sky Broadband Shield through a VPN would come in handy.
Why do I need Sky Broadband Shield Bypass?
Sky Broadband Shield is one of Sky Broadband’s features designed to set a PG-13 filter on your internet connection. It blocks explicit content from appearing in search engine results and is highly recommended for and commonly used by parents to protect their children from inappropriate material. Even if you don’t have children or of legal age, you may automatically be blocked off from a wide range of content. This keeps you from watching content beyond child-friendly shows and movies.
If you don’t fall into the category of someone who should watch out for PG content, then you need a Sky Broadband Shield bypass.
How to use Sky Broadband Shield Bypass?
By now, you’re probably wondering how to remove Sky Shield so you’re not shut out of your favourite shows. The quickest way to do Sky Broadband Shield turn off is using a virtual private network or VPN.
VPN is an online privacy tool that encrypts or hides your personal data, the websites you visit, and your location by connecting you to a server outside Sky’s network. It is also able to effectively turn off Sky Broadband Shield’s PG-13 censorship.
Try ExpressVPN Now
30-day money-back guarantee
Best VPN for Sky Broadband Shield Bypass
So, which VPN service do you choose to do a Sky Shield turn off? You need a service that bypasses Sky Shield, has been proven safe and provides reliable customer support 24/7.
ExpressVPN is your best choice to bypass Sky Shield. It provides a 30-day free trial which also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s also known for its high security and speed, apart from being available in 160 locations all over the world. It unblocks Netflix, Sling TV, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and DAZN. And most importantly, it can do Sky Shield turn off.
Here are its other outstanding features:
- Available in 94 countries
- Provides unlimited bandwidth
- Has powerful encryption and leak proofing features
- Has 24/7 live support
- Supports torrenting
- Downloadable in Android, iOS, Windows, Chrome, Linux, and Firefox devices
If you wish to enjoy international content without broadband restrictions, use ExpressVPN to bypass Sky Shield. It’s the best VPN in my usage experience. Why? First, it’s easy to download and install. Second, the interface is easy to navigate. Plus, it has many servers which makes content loading fast and can be used in multiple devices.
How to bypass Sky Broadband Shield using VPN
Here are steps you need to do to turn Sky Shield off:
- Choose a reliable and high-speed VPN to turn your Sky Shield off. ExpressVPN is highly recommended as stated above.
- Download and install it.
- Create an account and choose a suitable subscription plan.
- Select a VPN server to connect to. Note that the location of the server you connect to affects the speed of content loading and the contents that will be unblocked. For example, if you want to stream content from the UK, it’s best that you connect to a server located there. This will ensure uninterrupted streaming.
- Refresh your browser or device. Then, start streaming without the My Sky Broadband Shield PG-13 censorship.
Can I use a free VPN for Sky Broadband Shield Bypass?
While you can opt for a free VPN (as there are many online) for a Sky Shield turn off, it’s not advisable. This is because a free VPN poses many threats and issues, such as:
- Ad spamming
- Privacy and personal information selling
- Online streaming tracking
- Data limitation
- Slow connection
- Bandwidth selling
What else can I do with a VPN?
Besides a Sky Broadband Shield bypass, there are a few more things that a VPN can do for you. Now that you know how to bypass Sky Broadband Shield, what other uses are there for a reliable and premium-quality VPN? The following are important:
- Protects your personal information
- Hides your internet activities from online snoops
- Blocks tracking cookies from third-party companies that sell user information
- Enhances bandwidth efficiency
- Allows for safe file sharing
- Allows remote controlling of a device which maintains productivity even when you’re working from home
Try ExpressVPN Now
30-day money-back guarantee
Sky Broadband Shield was crafted with good intentions. Parents can use it to protect their kids from explicit online content and their devices from malware. However, this feature can also come as a disadvantage, which makes it crucial that you bypass Sky Shield if you need to. Knowing how to disable Sky Shield would be of help to remove censorship on other innocent and clean content for adults.
Using ExpressVPN comes at the top of the list as it offers more than just access to international consumable content. It also provides added protection against spammers, third-party information-selling companies, online snoops, and ad sites.