One of the best ways to access all this other TikTok content is by changing your region. If you are reading this, then you are undoubtedly interested in how to change location on TikTok. This article will show you all that you need to know on how to change location on TikTok. Read on!
This article was last updated on 30 November 2023
1. Changing your device location
A large proportion of the planet views TikTok as an untrustworthy platform where people spend their time. Due to this and other security reasons, quite a lot of nations such as Pakistan, India, and Russia have severely limited access to the platform to their citizens. This means that people in those countries are unable to access the content on the platform, and if they are able to, they only get a limited amount of information and content on the app.
Nevertheless, there is a way to change TikTok location and enjoy the app safely and freely. This goes beyond the typical GPS spoofing application that appears to change country TikTok. The methods highlighted in this section can help you change location on TikTok safely.
This article will help guide you via the process of how to change TikTok region with the help of a VPN. You will also get to know the benefits of using a VPN for TikTok and your day-to-day life.
2. Using a VPN to change TikTok region
A VPN, stands for virtual private network, is an internet protocol that creates an encrypted and safe internet connection over a less secured network. It can be used to extend a private network over a public network by way of tunnelling protocols.
Find out more about a what is VPN here.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using a VPN to change TikTok location:
Step 1: Choose a VPN Provider
The first step is to choose a VPN provider. There are many VPN providers to choose from, so it’s important to research and compare different providers before selecting one.
Step 2: Download and Install the VPN Software
Once you have chosen a VPN provider, the next step is to download and install the VPN software on your device. Most VPN providers offer software for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Step 3: Launch the VPN Software
After installing the VPN software, launch it on your device. You will be prompted to enter your login credentials. Enter your username and password and click on “Sign In.”
Step 4: Select a VPN Server
Once you have logged in, you will be presented with a list of VPN servers. Select a server location that you want to connect to. For example, if you want to access content that is only available in the United States, select a US-based server.
Step 5: Connect to the VPN Server
After selecting a server, click on the “Connect” button to establish a connection to the VPN server. The time it takes to connect can vary depending on the VPN provider and server location.
Step 6: Verify the VPN Connection
Once connected, you should see a notification confirming that you are now connected to the VPN server. You can also verify your connection by checking your IP address and location. If your IP address and location have changed, then your VPN connection is working correctly.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you now know how to change country on TikTok.
5 best VPN to change TikTok location
To ensure you can change TikTok region, we have taken the time to test various VPN solutions, ranking them according to their performance in certain categories such as torrenting, no log policy, reliability, speed, and more. The following are the best VPNs to change country TikTok.
Try ExpressVPN for free
As you can see, one of the best VPN providers out there is ExpressVPN. This VPN ranks highly as it has a no log policy, unlimited bandwidth, a plethora of server locations to select from, high speed, and of course, a 30-day money-back guarantee to new customers. This means if you are not pleased with the service, you can always get your money back, no questions asked.
Try ExpressVPN Now
49% Off + 3 Months FREE (Valid Until December 2023)
3. Using a proxy server to change TikTok region
- Choose a reliable proxy server: There are many free and paid proxy servers available online, but not all of them are reliable or secure. Do some research to find a reputable and reliable proxy server service.
- Download and install the proxy server app: Once you have found a reliable proxy server, download and install the app on your mobile device.
- Open the proxy server app: Launch the proxy server app on your mobile device and create an account if necessary.
- Select a location: Choose a location from the list of available servers in the app. This will be the location that your mobile device appears to be in.
- Connect to the proxy server: Once you have selected a location, connect to the proxy server by tapping the “connect” button in the app.
- Test your new location: To confirm that your location has been changed, go to a website or app that detects your location, such as Google Maps, and check if your location has been updated.
- Disconnect from the proxy server: When you are done using the proxy server, disconnect from it by tapping the “disconnect” button in the app.
Why You should change location?
There are various reasons why you would want to change TikTok region.
For one, you can access content that wasn’t previously available in your actual location when you change TikTok location. As stated earlier, a few countries block have either banned or limited access to TikTok content. Nevertheless, if you were. Residence want to access all that content behind the restrictions, you will need to change country TikTok.
By using a VPN to hide your IP address and gain access, circumvent all those limitations, enabling you to fully enjoy the benefit of the full TikTok experience.
You can also change TikTok region to enhance your privacy. While TikTok can access your device without a VPN, it means that the application can track the apps you have on your phone, the messages you have sent, what you do and where you go. Using a secure VPN like ExpressVPN to change TikTok location can ensure your videos do not get traced back to you.
When you change region on TikTok, you can increase the number of followers you have. It could be that your locality isn’t interested in your field. It could also be that you want to attract a global audience to your content. When you change country TikTok using a VPN, you can select your chosen country, ensuring your content is promoted in that region.
Troubleshooting on How to change location on TikTok
When you change TikTok region, you can go through the following problems:
- You might have connected to a server located in the wrong region
- Your actual IP address could be leaking
- Cookies on your device might highlight your actual location
- Your VPN isn’t able to bypass the region’s restrictions placed on TikTok
- Your IP address doesn’t match your GPS location on the device.
You can use the following solutions to fix the above issues when you try to change country TikTok:
- Choose the right server in the right region
- Select another VPN provider that is capable of protecting and altering your IP address
- Clear your cookies and cache
- Choose a different VPN provider
Try ExpressVPN Now
49% Off + 3 Months FREE (Valid Until December 2023)
Here are a few questions you might have when you want to know how to change location on TikTok.
Is it legal to change my TikTok location?
Yes, there is nothing illegal about trying to change TikTok region.
Can I change my TikTok location without a VPN/DNS/Proxy?
There is no way to change TikTok region without a VPN.
What if my VPN doesn’t change my TikTok location?
If your VPN cannot change TikTok, you might need to switch to another VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
Can I change my TikTok location with free VPNs? (recommend using our #1 free trial)
Yes, you can change country TikTok using free VPN. Consider ExpressVPN that comes with a no log policy, unlimited bandwidth, a plethora of server location and more for you to try free.
Can I change my TikTok location on any devices?
Yes, you change region on TikTok on just about any device you have.
How do I know which TikTok location I’m currently using?
To find out which TikTok location you’re currently using, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open TikTok app – Launch the TikTok app on your device.
- Step 2: Go to Profile – Tap on the “Profile” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap on Three Dots – Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Tap on Privacy and Safety
- Step 5: Tap on Personalization and Data – Scroll down to the “Personalization and Data” section and tap on “Personalization and Data.”
- Step 6: Check the “Location” setting – Under the “Personalization and Data” section, you should see a setting for “Location.” If the “Location” setting is turned on, TikTok is using your device’s location to personalize your experience.
- Step 7: Check the Location Information – If the “Location” setting is turned on, you can tap on it to see which location TikTok is using to personalize your experience.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily find out which TikTok location you’re currently using.
How to change location on TikTok: Conclusion
You can get a lot of benefits when you learn how to change location on TikTok. Not only do you protect your privacy, but you also push out your content to a wider audience. To change country TikTok or find how to change TikTok location, you will need to use a VPN, and that means using ExpressVPN which is the top-rated VPN provider in the world.