What is the Best Chrome VPN extension? Google Chrome is the highest used web browser today; that is why many VPNs will offer a VPN extension for Chrome. A VPN extension is excellent if you want just the basic features of a VPN, like browsing privately or changing your location to access blocked content. This article will discuss what makes the best Chrome VPN extension, how we rank them, and why. And lastly, what is the Best Free VPN for Chrome is and if it is worth it.
Updated: 13 September 2021
Best VPN extension for Chrome.
A VPN extension is a VPN addition that you add to the browser you use the most. In this case, we are talking about a VPN extension for Chrome. They then encrypt the data going through that browser and hide your IP address. You are probably wondering, what is the best VPN extension for Chrome? Here is our list of the top-rated Chrome extensions to date.
As you can see, ExpressVPN is at the top of this list. The reasoning behind this is its high speeds and the high volume of servers available. That is why ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Chrome extensions.
Want to try the best VPN Extension for Chrome today? Use ExpressVPN! ExpressVPN is the top-rated VPN as they have 160 servers worldwide, high speeds, and top-notch encryption. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so ExpressVPN will fully refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase within the first 30 days, making it the best Chrome VPN. What are you waiting for? Head over to ExpressVPN now!
How we ranked them
We rank our VPNs by comparing their speeds, the number of servers they have, and the level of encryption. For a VPN extension, you will mainly need to look at how many servers they offer, and the quality of encryption since these are the two essential qualities that the best Chrome VPN extension will offer.
The best Chrome VPN extension
Do Chrome VPN extensions work? Yes, as chrome is the most used browser, most VPNs will offer a Chrome extension, even free ones sometimes. Over time, they have become popular because people only want the basic features of a VPN and do not want to pay as much for the complete VPN application. If browser protection is all you need, then a simple VPN extension will do. However, we suggest getting a complete application because it protects your whole device, not just the browser you use.
ExpressVPN is the Best VPN for a Chrome extension Because of its overall characteristics. Here are features of a safe and efficient VPN:
- A Complete VPN will have over 150 servers worldwide;
- They can also offer split tunnelling, meaning you can decide what apps you put through encryption and what ones you want to receive direct internet.
- Many have a kill switch, meaning if you get cut off from your VPN, it will block all traffic coming through to your IP address.
- And lastly, all major media platforms are supported; there’s no limit to what you can access using a high rated pre-paid VPN.
Although a VPN extension will not have all of these features, you can see why ExpressVPN is the favourite VPN extension on offer. If you purchase the whole ExpressVPN App, you get the VPN extension with it; all it takes is a quick download of the Chrome browser VPN extension. If you would like to know more details about the top VPNs, check out our other article on this topic by clicking here.
Do free VPNs for Chrome exist?
Free VPN extensions exist, but they do not protect as much as a paid extension would. Many independent VPNs aren’t well known, so you should avoid these and stick to the more established VPN extensions. There are over 100 free nasty VPN extensions, making finding a reliable Chrome VPN that is free difficult, we have listed a few reasons why you should be avoiding free VPN extensions.
- Many will take your browsing data, and instead of protecting it, they will sell it to third parties.
- A free VPN extension for Chrome can also massively reduce your internet speeds, prolonging loading times.
- Some don’t work, are just an illusion and do not protect your activity or information.
- They might not be able to unblock Netflix or other streaming services, as they can be too complex for free VPN extensions.
It’s much easier and safer to use a pre-paid VPN extension, as there are so many negatives surrounding Free Chrome extensions. Google Chrome VPN extensions are a must these days, and you never know who might be looking to sell your information or steal your details; the only way to be completely secure is by using a well-established VPN such as ExpressVPN, which is the best chrome VPN extension to date.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee! Their features are second to none, receiving high ratings from many current customers and privacy comparison sites. If English is not your first language, don’t worry because ExpressVPN has 16 other languages available for you to choose from. When there’s a deal as good as ExpressVPNs 30-day trial, there is no reason to pass up on the chance to try it out.
Try ExpressVPN Now
30-day money-back guarantee
How to set up a VPN extension on Chrome
Setting up your Chrome VPN extension is effortless; we have an easy step-by-step guide for you here.
- Choosing your subscription. Firstly, you will want to find a subscription price that suits you; most VPN extensions will offer multiple prices depending on the length of subscription or the total of features you want to receive, they will also occasionally offer deals on their products so make sure to look out for them. There is often a free trial or 30-day money-back guarantee, which is very useful if you are not sure about the VPN, so don’t hesitate to utilize it.
- Downloading the VPN. You will first need to download the VPN onto your device before enabling the Chrome VPN extension, which will be the central control hub.
- Downloading the VPN extension. Secondly, you will need to download the VPN extension that is specific to Chrome. The VPN site has many browsers to choose from, so make sure you click on Google Chrome. Then complete the installation process by starting up the application.
- Setting up. Once you have opened up the App, it will ask for your login details or payment code, which should be sent to your email, so enter these and be logged into your very own account.
- Choosing a server. Once logged in, you can change your location and IP address to anywhere you want. There will be ones that are best for streaming too. And now you are done and able to stream whatever you want and be protected and hidden.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best Chrome VPN extension to date, as it is fast and efficient and is known for its popular and reliable service. Their Chrome VPN extensions are top-notch and highly rated by other users. To top it off, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so why not try it out. To learn more about their services, prices and current deals, click here.
In conclusion, we believe that although you may prefer to use one, due to it not affecting your bank account, free VPNs are not worth using because of how dangerous they can be to your computer system and personal information. It is much safer to use a highly rated VPN such as ExpressVPN to secure the data going through your browser. After reading about what makes a good VPN extension, free VPN extensions, and seeing a list of the top 10 VPNs today, we hope this article could narrow down your decision on what Chrome VPN extension to get. If you have any comments on this article, please leave them below, as we would love to hear your thoughts and what VPN extension you decided to choose.